Welcome to Finley Experience

This website is dedicated to LGBT folks who are surviving in this crazy world.

What's good for one isn't necessarily good for another.

Attempting to control the hearts and souls of the masses through force and injustice only forces the seeds of dissension to grow. History has taught this lesson repeatedly. Perhaps, we'll learn the lesson this time.

01 October 2010

Damn it, I did it, I Forgot to Save a Copy--Again

Okay, so, I'm guilty. I wrote Senator Landrieu and forgot to copy the letter before pressing send. I really need to quit doing that. Regardless, I did have a piece of the letter saved to my clipboard, so, I shall share that with ya! As always, if she writes back, I'll let you know what's up.

*Oh yeah, Louisiana, VOTE VITTER OUT on November 2.

Here's the piece I managed to retain:

"As a Navy veteran, Louisiana resident, and Lesbian voter, I know first hand the horrors of living the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" lie forced upon LGBT service members by the 1992 government miscalculation that introduced the 1993 implementation of DADT. My time in service was greatly impacted by the DADT law, and my experience was tainted by the knives of homophobia institutionalized by the very government I served. All around me were people legally allowed to talk about their loved ones. I was denied, for mention of a girlfriend would have begun the discharge proceedings. Can you imagine living in the frame of mind where you must watch your Pronouns? Where a slipped "girlfriend" could equate to the end of your career?"

Needless to say, I will make every effort to blog the entire letter...It's about time I send Rep. Fleming something, I'm sure he'll have something offensively diplomatic to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel like adding to the discussion? Have a question? Please feel free to leave a comment.

Some Nights by FUN


(*Please Note: We the People of the United States of America are citizens of a Constitutional Republic, a.k.a. The Republic. We are not a direct democracy like some believe. By the Constitution, we are a Representative Democracy. We elect representation to defend the Constitution and the People. We placed our faith with government in the people, not in monarchs, not in career politicians, but in the People.

You want changes? Then, it is time for you to take an active interest in the good of the Republic. Do not leave governance to career politicians. Run for office. Vote for third, fourth, and fifth parties.)

This November vote them all out!
Clean Out Congress or Bust!

Take Me to Church by Hozier


* 26 JUNE 2015 * LGBT Rights Victory *
read the Supreme Court's opinion:

Dudeism

What Would the Dude Do?